Digital Spine Analysis

Before back pain can be treated it needs to be diagnosed correctly. Identifying and Isolating the root cause of the pain is essential to restoring mobility and function Get a Digital Spine Analysis or DSA - a proprietary test only at QI Spine Clinic.

WHAT IS A DSA TEST?

A DSA test is used to measure spine function in the same way that a cardiac stress test is used to diagnose cardiac function. Unlike an MRI or X-ray test that can only provide a visual static snapshot image, the DSA test determines the ability of the muscle tissue to support the spine during various movements. This test highlights weak tissue that has decreased load-bearing capacity and pinpoints the areas of the spine that are forced to bear the transferred load. This ensures that treatment protocols can then be determined according to the individual’s requirements.

WHY IS THE DSA TEST IMPORTANT?

The bones and spinal discs only bear 30% of the body's weight, while muscle tissue bears the remaining 70%. When muscle tissues become weak, they are unable to bear the load, which is then transferred to the bones and discs – this is how back problems start. 85% of back pain is directly related to weak tissue (also called mechanical dysfunction), which is why DSA is an essential test for spinal problems as it tests the functioning of the tissues around the spine and identifies weak back muscles.

HOW DOES THE DSA TEST WORK?

The DSA test works by locking the body in a position that isolates the spine. The computer-controlled device then guides the body through different movements while highly sensitive sensors measure each movement across 21 parameters including the precise angle of movement and the range of movement. This is the most accurate method of diagnosis for back pain problems and with DSA, specialists can now pinpoint and address the underlying problem very precisely.

© 2017 QI Lifecare Pvt. Ltd